This expedition style, overnight adventure, is great for family and friends who are interested in sleeping under the stars (in a tent) on a desert island. It suits people who have kayaked before and understand the concept. It requires a bit of hard work, paddling, getting a bit dirty and roughing it on a desert island (ask Robinson Crusoe). Kind of like Tom Hanks in Castaway, without the football (“Wilson”) except that you know it is all over the next day. Remember, you carry what you need in your own kayak.
A number of schools have also used the overnighter as an adventure for the children as well as companies using the overnighter as a team building exercise.
Duration and distance: overnight (typically depart mid afternoon and return mid morning) and a 3km (approx.) paddle to the island (and 3km paddle back the next day).
Price: Adults 450 AED (not catered) and Children 10 YO and under in double kayak 400 AED. If you consider this pricey, then you can always hire kayaks and make your own adventure. See kayak hire.
Booking: To book a overnight island adventure with us we require a minimum of 8 guests and require 50% deposit to secure the booking. The booking is done through the office.
Tides: Depending on your island choice the tides will have an impact on the distance paddled and which island you can pitch a tent on, so please check the tides on the day.
Our team of guides will help with the following:
- Packing and transportation of your food and cooking equipment (one canoe manned by Noukhada staff. If the group is bigger than 8, one or two extra kayaks can also be supplied and they will be towed by the guests. See powerboat note below);
- Provide tents and thin sleeping mats;
- Supply crockery and cutlery;
- Provide BBQ, charcoal, and cooking utensils for use;
- Guiding your group to the Island and back; and
- Assisting your group with the cleanup.
- Noukhada will provide emergency water and will refill reusable drinking bottles with water..
Dry bags are not provided, but can be available for purchase on site. Please take responsibility for waterproofing your own belongings.
- This is an expedition style overnighter, carry as little as possible.
- The overnight adventure is not catered.
- Guests must bring their own sleeping equipment (mats, sleeping bags).
- There is only one (double kayak or canoe) to transport BBQ and cooking equipment and two ice boxes.
- Noukhada can provide two average sized ice boxes for food which we will transport. (All other items will be carried by guests on their own kayaks)
- There are no facilities on the islands (bring a spade for toilet needs).
- Noukhada has an increasing number of islands available for camping but they do involve a different launch point and different distances to paddle. Please contact the office to discuss options: also
- Noukhada can now resupply the overnighter with a power boat @ AED 600 per hour.
- Due to recent misunderstandings of what the tour is about we will ask you to read, sign and return this bbq-island-overnight-terms-and-conditions-v2-2