Terms and conditions v2.1
Introduction We have tried to keep the Noukhada Adventure Company LLC (“Noukhada”) small print as short as possible. However, please read this carefully because it is important information about your booking and your safety. There are some sections that apply to different craft (kayak, canoe, sailboat, SUP, Hobie Eclipse, dragonboat) and different activities (tour, rental, lesson, education, teambuilding), please skip these if they do not apply to your booking.
For large bookings of 16 or more people if you give:
> 21 Working Days (“WD”), notice of cancellation then you get a refund of 100%; or
=< 21 WD and > 7 WD, notice of cancellation you get a refund of 50%; or
< 7 WD, notice of cancellation then you receive no refund.
For small bookings of individuals, families if you give:
> 7 WD, notice of cancellation then you get a refund of 100%; or
=< 7 WD and > 2 WD, notice of cancellation you get a refund of 50%; or
< 2 WD, notice of cancellation then you receive no refund.
If Noukhada cancels the activity (normally because of bad weather) then you have two choices: Reschedule the activity; or refund.
All refunds will be less any bank charges and will be done only through the original mode of payment.
I have read and acknowledge the Noukhada cancellation policy.
TIMING AND PUNCTUALITY
The booking time is the start time of the activity. You are advised to arrive at the launch point 10 mins before the booking time. Any arrival later than 15 mins after the booking time is unfair to other guests and the cancellation policy (above) will apply if you cannot be placed on a subsequent available activity, without disturbing other guests.
PERSONAL FLOATATION DEVICE (“PFD”)
Noukhada insist that you wear a PFD whilst on the water. On a rental, if you do not wear your PFD, you will lose the bond.If you do not want to wear a PFD, please do not book with Noukhada.
KAYAK ALLOCATION (applicable to kayak tours)
As part of the booking process you can request the type of kayak a single or a double. For safety reasons we insist that children 10 years old or younger paddle in a double kayak with an adult. Also for safety reasons, and subject to kayak availability, we might need to change your preference of kayaks on site.
RENTAL BOND (applicable to rentals not tours)
Noukhada require a refundable bond in addition to the rental fee. This bond will be refunded to you if you return the equipment in the same state as you rented them and that you wore your PFD whilst on the water. It will not be refunded if you have not worn the PFD paddling and now, been seen fishing inside the mangroves.
FISHING (applicable to rentals)
Noukhada strongly supports the UAE regulations against fishing in the mangroves. You must not fish in, or on the edge of, the mangroves. Your rental bond will not be refunded to you if you have been fishing in the mangroves.
TIDES (applicable to kayak tours)
Noukhada does not control the tides. If you want a tour at a specific state of the tide it is assumed that you are willing to research when the most suitable date and time for the tour would be. Noukhada has provided links to suitable tide forecast websites to assist you before you make your booking.
- Children less than 3 years old are not allowed on public tours.
- Children 3 to 7 years old must be accompanied by one responsible adult per 2 children. Waiver to be signed by parent.
- Children 7 to 16 years old must be accompanied by one responsible adult per 10 children. Waiver must be signed by parent.
- 16 to 18 year olds do not need to be accompanied. Waiver must be signed by parent.
- 18 + years old. They accompany themselves and sign their own waiver.
A responsible adult is a parent, guardian, teacher or teaching assistant who can undertake the relevant activity. For kayaking this means that they can control the children’s behaviour, can kayak and can swim.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS AND HOLD HARMLESS DECLARATION (or “WAIVER”)
In consideration of participating in the Noukhada Adventure Company LLC (hereafter “Noukhada”) activities, for myself, my spouse and any minor children for whom I am parent, legal guardian or otherwise responsible (hereafter “related participants”) I, for myself and related participants:
- acknowledge that I understand and accept the risks involved in the activity;
- acknowledge that I have no health or fitness problems or am pregnant that would create a risk to me or others before, during or after the activity;
- acknowledge that I participate in the activity voluntarily at my own free will and solely at my own risk;
- I acknowledge that I am aware of Noukhada’s public liability insurance policy covering the legal liabilities arising out of death, bodily injury and/or property damage to third parties with an indemnity limit of AED 5m in the aggregate, including coverage for any personal injury to a limit of AED 1.5m in the aggregate;
- Release and hold harmless Noukhada, their sponsors, partners, agents, employees and volunteers including their insurers, for any loss or damage or any bodily injury or death as a result of participation in the activities and for any legal action brought in on Noukhada, their sponsors, partners, agents, employees and volunteers including their insurers as a result of the participation in these activities; and
- agree to comply with and follow the Noukhada safety guidelines including wearing the approved safety equipment as advised for my participation in these activities.
I have read and acknowledge the Noukhada acknowledgement of risks and hold harmless declaration.
MEDIA RELEASE DECLARATION
- I do hereby consent and agree that Noukhada has the right to take photographs or videos of the activity to use these in any and all media exclusively for the purpose of further promoting the activity;
- I do hereby consent and agree that Noukhada has the right to own the artwork and project I have created for the purpose of Noukhada Education;
- I further consent that my/ their identity may be revealed therein. I do hereby release to Noukhada all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately; and
- I understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for the above named.
I have read and acknowledge the Noukhada media release declaration.
Name of participant _________________________________________________________
Email or mobile ____________________________________________________________
Signature of participant (or parent of participant) ___________________________________