Noukhada Adventure Company – Covid-19 operating measures – 25 May 2020
We hope you are keeping well and safe.
These are the realistic measures to be taken by Noukhada Adventure Company (NAC) to protect our customers and our staff against Covid-19.
However, we are waiting for the Department of Culture and Tourism Abu Dhabi (DCTAD) to allow us to operate again.
- Vitamin D It seems to be well recognised that Vitamin D is a positive ‘thing’ against Covid-19. Consume the supplements or go outside, just don’t get sunburn! NAC activities are outside, in the sunshine (Vitamin D).
- Awareness In the current global pandemic and national lockdowns it has to be assumed that individuals are aware of the symptoms and risks to themselves (and others) of Covid-19. Therefore, anyone displaying (or feeling) the symptoms of Covid-19 are highly likely to be self-isolating and unlikely to be participating in an activity with strangers.
- Outside NAC activities take place outdoors. No confined taxi, no recirculated air conditioning, no crowded malls. Breathe in O, exhale CO2. Get into the natural environment.
- High salinity sea water Sadly, the waters of the mangroves of Abu Dhabi are very high salinity. Historically 42,000 ppm but now closer to 56,000ppm. There is currently no evidence that the Covid-19 virus can survive this high salinity of sea water.
- Social distancing Kayaks are generally 2m long and, when kayaking, people generally kayak more than 2m away from each other. Most kayakers use a single kayak. However, where a double kayak is used, the kayakers are normally from the same family or social group.
So, what are we going to do?
- Age groups We cannot allow anyone less than 12 years old or more than 60 years old on a public tour, sorry. However, you make a private rental.
- Social distancing Once you arrive at our launch point we will encourage your social distancing, keeping strangers 2m apart, during the briefing.
- Well being Our staff will check that you ae feeling well enough to proceed.
- Disinfecting of equipment Between use, all equipment (kayak, PFD, and paddle) will have been fully immersed in the natural, high salinity, sea water to disinfect them. They will look salty. Further to this, the PFDs and paddles will be further disinfected using appropriate disinfectant. At the end of the day the equipment will be washed down in fresh water, ready for the next day.
- Sunrise tour We will not offer the sunrise tour because we need this time in the morning to disinfect all the equipment for the day, sorry.
- Card payments Our bookings and payments have been available online for the last five years. Card payments can be taken at the launch point. Cash has been a rare commodity, even before Covid-19.
Keep safe, but do come and enjoy the outdoors with Noukhada Adventure Company, once DCTAD allows us to operate.
 Archery Tag can tag place indoors, but we are not offering this activity during the Covid-19 lockdown.
 Let’s not get into the impact of de-salination methods in the Middle East.
 Personal floatation device