Let us help you select the right boat for your purpose. Noukhada Adventure company has a selection of modern Kayaks for Fishing, Touring, Expeditions and Day trips.
Sit-on Kayaks vs Sit-in Kayaks
- Greater Stability on flat water than sit-in.
- Relatively easy to get in and out (including on the water).
- Freedom of movement.
- Large storage areas on the deck, easily accessible.
- Best for fishing and surfing.
- Exposed to the elements (sun, cold, water, etc).
- Exposed to wave splash and constant drip from the paddle.
- Slower than sit-in kayak.
- You will always have a wet bottom from sitting in small amount of water.
- Faster and easier to paddle than most sit-on kayaks.
- You stay relatively dry.
- Protected from the elements (sun, cold, rain, etc).
- Designed for covering longer distances.
- Dry storage areas for equipment.
- Best for day trips and touring.
- Can be difficult to get in and out (especially on the water).
- May require a spray skirt in rough water.
- Smaller cockpits.
- Movement is restricted and you cannot easily change positions.
- In hot weather a sit-in can get very warm under the deck, especially when using a spray skirt.
- Minimal access to items placed on back deck (back part of kayak) and no access to items in dry storage.